"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given then to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." - Ali

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wii Cardio

If you are anything like me, you absolutely hate Cardio.  When I hear people say how much they love running, I wonder how someone can love putting their feet and joints through that kind of torture?  However, I do know that cardio is an essential part of exercising and weight loss and is very much needed!  Some of us get bored with monotonous running or cycling and wonder if there is anything fun that can be substituted. 

When I was going through my weight loss, I encountered a few days where I just could not go to the gym and hop on a treadmill.  So one day I got up, and picked up my Wii controller!  I realized that I could complete a good half hour of cardio and at the same time have a lot of fun!  If you have a Wii at home, here is a sample of what you can do within 30 minutes and burn over 200 calories!

I used Wii Sports as my platform and completed all 5 sports during the 30 minutes.  Here is the rundown of what I played:

  • 5 games of Tennis
  • 1 game of Baseball
  • 1 game of Bowling
  • 1 game of Golf
  • 5 rounds of Boxing


Depending on how long it takes you to get through this set, it should take you at least 30 minutes to complete.  The best workout that you will get will be the boxing rounds!  For best results, I use a stomach wrap and sweater (a leather sweat suit is another option).

And there you have it, a fun way to burn some calories in a short amount of time!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment