"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given then to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." - Ali

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday Workout: Part I

Hey all, from time to time people ask me what a typical workout regimen is for me.  I wanted to share what my Tuesday workout regimen is.  Keep in mind that I work from home on Tuesdays, so I have more access to my home gym, however there are ways you can still work out in the office or during work hours (see 5 minute office workout).  Here goes my first workout of the day:

8:00am - Bicep Workout


Started out with one scoop of VPX N.O. Shotgun

- 3 sets of 10 reps: 50lb, 60lb, 70lb EZ Curl Bar (on this one, one set is doing 10reps on the wide grip and 10 reps on narrow grip so in reality, I do 20 reps per set.)

- 3 sets of 10 reps: 50lb EZ Curl Bar Skull Crushers (I do this one on the floor with my legs straight - BE CAREFUL WITH THESE as they call them skull crushers for a reason!)

- 3 sets of 10 reps: 35lb, 45lb, 50lb PowerBlock (Dumbbell) alternating curls (squeeze and hold at the top)

- 3 sets of 15 reps: 20lb, 25lb, 30lb PowerBlock (Dumbbell) kick backs (I do this standing up and leaning forward, both arms going back)

- 3 sets of 10 reps: 35lb, 45lb, 50lb PowerBlock (Dumbbell) Hammer Curls

- 3 sets of 25 reps: chair triceps dips (I do this with my legs up on a chair in front of me and alternate leg lifts every 5 dips)

- 3 sets of 10 reps: 25lb, 30lb, 35lb PowerBlock (Dumbbell) Single Arm Preacher Curls

Last but not least, I grab an Olympic Bar that weighs 30lbs (or add 30lbs to my home bar) and do 21 quick reps with a wide grip, 21 with a standard grip, 21 with narrow grip.  This REALLY gets the blood pumped into your biceps to finish off your work out.

If you did all of this right, you should not be able to touch your shoulders with your index finger!

I'll add my other workouts later in the day.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment