"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given then to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." - Ali

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm BACK!

After a brief hiatus, I'm back!!  I just got back from a 10 day vacation and must say, I did NOT practice what I preach on here.  But hey, sometimes you have to live a little and take a break from the workouts and routines. 

One thing I do want to share is I was on an 8 day Cruise filled with wonderful food and beverages.  Here is where conditioning really has it's advantages though... while I felt I ate enough to gain 10-15lbs, I only gained 2.5.  I've been back now for 3 days and have already burned off those added 2.5lbs and am back to the pre-cruise weight.  I remember when I was heavier, anytime I would gain vacation weight, it would be 5-10lbs and would continue to get higher as the weeks went by.  Making it almost impossible to lose weight and get in shape.  However, the better shape your body is in, the better you can burn off any added weight because your metabolism is working harder.

What's next for me?

The rest of this week I'm still taking some breaks from heavy lifting, but slowly I will be doing some cardio and getting my body used to working again.  However, I do have some goals that I will share with you all on a different blog post over the next two weeks.

Meanwhile, I'd like to hear from all of you.  What are your spring/summer goals?

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment