"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given then to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." - Ali

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 7

Well, it's Sunday night and I can honestly say, I MADE IT.  I know it's ONLY 7 days, but to some, this can mean over 160 hours of sacrifice. For me, these days have been hard but at the same time very rewarding.  Here are some results:

Weight Loss: 6lbs
Clothing: Noticed at least a 1-2" size difference
Energy: Up at least 60%
Body: Feels refreshed and am sleeping better
Mind: Confidence is up, felt better interacting with others this weekend

Workouts:

Yesterday I had a great afternoon Bicep/Tricep session at the Gym and ended it with a brisk 5 mile jog.  My energy was through the roof and I felt very good afterwards.  The only thing I did notice was that I was feeling some soreness in my shoulders which prevented me from going too heavy on the curls.  Therefore, this week I am breaking up my weight training days with rest/cardio.

Today, I completed a great P90X cardio session in the morning and some much needed stretches.  I felt that after a long week of weights and cardio, my body needed some rest so that the muscle fibers heal and my body gets ready for the week ahead.

Food:


As expected, the weekend was a test as there was plenty of good junk food to access as well as alcohol. I'm happy to say I abstained from from both.  Any time I can say no to a Guinness, some deep dish pizza and a snicker-doodle, I know I'm in a good place.  I still loaded my day with protein, vegetables and organic fruits with my only cheat being a chocolate chip cookie and a shot of Patron (day 7 is cheat day).  This week, I'm increasing my good carb intake & veggies as I plan on doing some circuit training and Yoga so I'll need energy to burn.

Overall, things are looking good. I noticed a change already and the rush you get from that pushes you to the next phase.  Week two is on the horizon, let's see what I can accomplish by next Sunday.

Until next time,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment