"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given then to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." - Ali

Monday, April 19, 2010

P90X Update

Today marks day 15 of 90 of the P90X transformation program. In other words, week three, BRING IT! This week is a pretty crucial week for me because it is the last week of strength workouts for phase 1 so I need to make sure I maximize all my workouts! This week will be one that will show how much progress I’ve made in two weeks and get me conditioned for phase 2.

A few highlights from the last two weeks:
  • Noticeable increase in strength and endurance
  • Certain muscle groups are getting tighter and growing
  • Increased energy
  • Better sleep at night
A few drawbacks:
  • Lower back pain has returned (Solution: will be seeing a chiropractor this week to get adjusted)
  • No noticeable weight loss (Solution: I need to work on my eating habits and tighten them up more to ensure I’m eating more veggies and organic foods)
  • Time: I’m working out very late at night so I need to find a way to get myself to wake up at 6am instead!


The drawbacks aren’t deal breakers to me. It just means I need to push myself a little harder and work on tweaking some parts in my overall fitness regimen. I plan on working pretty hard this week and using my recovery week to shed off some of this weight.

Changes for the week:

I’m incorporating a couple of weight lifting sessions at the gym this week in order to really push the blood into the muscles. Recovery week does not offer any weight lifting, so I want to make sure I have enough stored in there so the muscles recover nicely yet still grow. In addition, I’m looking to create a new menu for myself so I’ll be reaching out to some of you cooks and organic gurus for some tips.

Upcoming workout: Chest & Back

Hope everyone has a great week and is successful in anything you are putting your mind to!

-Jorge

No comments:

Post a Comment